OpenMEDX

I just submitted my registration of OpenMEDX for project hosting on SourceForge.net. I'll find out by Tuesday if they acept it. There shouldn't be any problems though, the idea for OpenMEDX is rather sound.

I'm building an open source patient tracking system that would be accessed using a web browser. OpenMEDX is being programed in PHP and Java script. Features that I am including in my system that are not currently found in other open source patient trackers include: dragging and dropping of appointments, RSS feeds of up coming appointments, iCal output of schedules, and an AIML based natural language interface.

The dragging and dropping of appointments is a feature that all of my clients are extremely interested. I plan on using CSS and Java script to implement it. I've already been able to generate movable objects that can have their locations recorded when you submit the page back to the server. Currently I have two problems: one, Having the appointments jump from one interval to another (though I think that I have a solution to this), two, not having to reload the page each time the appointments are sent to the server (again I think that I have a solution, this one using a similar technique to how Google moves data to a browser page without reloading).

Popular Posts